Friday, 29 April 2011
RADVISION Announces Significant New Video Conferencing Capabilities For Apple iPhone, iPad and Google Android Mobile Devices.
RADVISION (Nasdaq:RVSN), a leading technology and end-to-end solution provider for unified visual communications, today announced SCOPIA Mobile V3, the first enterprise application for Apple iOS and Google Android™ devices that allows mobile users to connect with full video, audio and H.239 data collaboration to the nearly 2 million installed standards-based video conferencing and telepresence systems worldwide. SCOPIA Mobile V3 is based on RADVISION’s BEEHD client framework for easily developing HD video-enabled applications across many platforms.
SCOPIA Mobile users will be able to fully participate in enterprise video and telepresence conferences leveraging the latest mobile devices such as the Apple iPad® 2 and iPhone® 4 along with the Android-based Motorola Xoom™, Samsung Galaxy Tab™ and HTC ThunderBolt™ extending enterprise video conferencing and telepresence to nearly anywhere someone goes with their mobile device.
SCOPIA Mobile V3 Highlights:
- Apple iOS and Android Support – Extending the range of mobile devices supported, SCOPIA Mobile will be available on both iOS and Android operating systems.
- Simultaneous Viewing of Video and Data Collaboration – View both interactive video and data collaboration from the meeting at the same time, and fully engage in the meeting as if you were attending locally on a video conferencing room system.
- HD Video Conferencing – Participate in standards-based video conferences with two-way video capabilities including receiving video in HD. When connected to RADVISION’s SCOPIA Elite MCU, telepresence systems from Cisco/Tandberg, Logitech/LifeSize and Polycom are seen in a special video layout where multiple telepresence video streams are combined into a single panoramic image.
- Mobile Broadband and Wi-Fi Capable – Video conferencing is available when connected through either mobile broadband or Wi-Fi networks, allowing communication from almost anywhere and making it a highly effective tool for business travelers. When 4G networking is available, SCOPIA Mobile will utilize the additional bandwidth providing even higher quality video communications.
- One Click to Join – Easily join video conferences directly from clicking an email link or through the calendar on your mobile device enabled by RADVISION’s advanced enterprise integration.
SCOPIA Mobile V3 also includes the following features from previous releases:
- Data Collaboration with Review – View presentations, spreadsheets, documents and images shared in a video conference with H.239 interoperable data collaboration. Participants can also review previously shared materials.
- Easily Invite Other Participants to a Meeting – Access a company directory to invite any attendee. Also invite guest phones or video conferencing systems by their number or address.
- Moderate Meetings – Mute noisy participants, stop the camera of a remote attendee or simply disconnect unwanted participants. Change the video layout and even rearrange the participants in the layout through the simple Multi-Touch™ enabled interface.
- Control Meetings – Start or pause recording, start or stop streaming, lock a conference and terminate individual participants or the entire meeting.
- Conference Administration – View participant statistics such as audio and video codecs in use, resolution, network speed and loss to assist in basic troubleshooting.
RADVISION’s new SCOPIA Mobile V3 is being demonstrated on the latest mobile devices at its annual Asia Pacific Partner Forum in Macau from April 11th to the 13th. The Partner Forum is an exclusive gathering where RADVISION partners learn and experience RADVISION’s innovative SCOPIA video conferencing solutions, meet industry experts and discuss strategies on growing their business.
The current version of SCOPIA Mobile for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch® allowing users to participate in video conferences with standards-based audio and H.239 data collaboration is a free application available today through the Apple App Store. SCOPIA Mobile V3 is planned for Second Half 2011 availability.
AudioCodes Enhances One Voice for Microsoft 365 Offering
AudioCodes, a leading vendor of advanced voice networking and media processing solutions for the digital workplace, today announced a wide range of innovative enhancements to…
ENISA chooses Logitel for AV and collaboration infrastructure in renovated Athens HQ
ENISA (European Network and Information Security Agency) The objective of ENISA is to improve network and information security in the European Union. The agency contributes…
Devio CR-1. Network-friendly AV in an IT World
Devio is a collaboration tool for modern workplaces that are constantly on the move. The Devio CR-1 is the hub that creates a desktop-like experience…
Lifesize Icon 450. Bring everyone into the picture
If you’re looking for a simple, scalable way to deploy integrated, plug-and-play conference room systems across your offices, Lifesize Icon 450 is a perfect fit.…