Unified Threat Management (UTM)
Unified Threat Management (UTM) refers to a comprehensive security product that includes protection against multiple threats. A UTM product typically includes a firewall, antivirus software, content filtering and a spam filter in a single integrated package. The term was originally coined by IDC, a provider of market data, analytics and related services.
The principal advantages of UTM are simplicity, streamlined installation and use, and the ability to update all the security functions or programs concurrently. As the nature and diversity of Internet threats evolves and grows more complex, UTM products can be tailored to keep up with them all. This eliminates the need for systems administrators to maintain multiple security programs over time.
- Reduced complexity: Single security solution. Single Vendor
- Simplicity: Avoidance of multiple software installation and maintenance
- Easy Management: Plug & Play Architecture, Web-based GUI for easy management
- Performance: Zero-hour protection without degrading the network performance
- Troubleshooting: Single point of contact – 24 × 7 vendor support
- Reduced technical training requirements, one product to learn.
- Regulatory compliance.